Below is the text from a recent email from the Waterford Graded School District regarding two upcoming meetings about the JEDI Program – a fully virtual option for the 2020-21 school year. The scheduled meetings are Monday, August 3rd at 1 PM and Wednesday, August 5th at 6 PM. To participate in the meeting, complete the registation by clicking the link in the July 24th email, or try HERE (may not work).
Dear Waterford Graded School District Families –
As we continue to update our WGSD Return to School Plan we would like to share information on our full virtual option. Families who wish for their child to receive schooling fully virtually, WGSD has partnered with CESA 2 and their JEDI program
● What is CESA 2?
○ CESA stands for Cooperative Educational Service Agency. There are 12 CESA’s throughout the state and our local one is located in Whitewater. CESA 2 partners with the Wisconsin Department of Instruction, school districts, universities and businesses to provide opportunities and services for students.
● What is JEDI?
○ JEDI is the virtual school offered through CESA 2. JEDI stands for the Jefferson and Eastern Dane Interactive Network. This is a consortium of school districts in Southern Wisconsin that was formed in 1995. Over the years, JEDI has developed into a virtual platform that offers online courses. JEDI continually grows to meet individual district needs. Waterford Graded School District is now a member of the consortium and can offer the benefits of JEDI.
● Why JEDI?
○ JEDI aligns with the mission and vision of WGSD by preparing students to be successful in academics and life. JEDI has certified teachers who take time to create positive relationships with students. Every student receives a learning coach and a personal education plan is developed to meet the needs of each full-time student.
● How do we use JEDI?
○ WGSD students enrolled with JEDI are able to meet with their virtual teachers and advisors/learning coaches on a weekly basis. JEDI courses are asynchronous where students are in control of their schedules. Work is centered on giving quality feedback to our students with weekly progress reports shared to students and parents.
● How do I enroll my child into JEDI?
○ During the week of August 3rd, WGSD will send out information to interested families about enrollment. Once enrollment is confirmed a meeting will be set up to create your student’s personal education plan.
● What to learn more about JEDI?
○ Interested families should plan to attend one of the two informational meetings that will be held virtually on August 3rd at 1:00 PM, or August 5th at 6:00 PM. At this meeting Jamie Syvrud, the Director of JEDI will take families through details of JEDI programming. Please use this form to register for a meeting. The meeting details will be sent by email before each meeting. For further information on JEDI please feel free to take a look at their website.
Thank you for taking the time to stay informed and up to date about our planning. Please help our community by continuing to reduce the COVID-19 infection rate by the recommended measures of social distancing, mask wearing, and frequent hand washing.
WGSD Administration, 7/24/2020
Posted by Matt Kranich on 8/2/2020
About this webpage: WGSD Meetings